Sunday, December 27, 2009

I dyed my hair myself last night & I hate it. How soon can I go to the salon to have a pro put highlights in?

My hair was supposed to turn out blonde, but it's a really unnatural looking strawberry blonde. It's gross. I haven't colored my hair in so long because I don't have the time and I don't want to spend the money to keep up with the roots. So, shame on me, I thought I'd do it at home.





I want to go to the salon, but I don't want them to have to strip this color out of my hair. I would like to put brown and blonde blonde highlights in with this color I have right now. Is it too soon to call for an appointment to get it colored again? Would it ruin my hair?I dyed my hair myself last night %26amp; I hate it. How soon can I go to the salon to have a pro put highlights in?
You didn't say what color your hair was when you started, but since it turned out a reddish color, I'm guessing it was brown. You can make an appointment now to get it fixed. Start using a deep conditioner to get your hair in better shape. This will also make the new color adhere better. The stylist could not ';strip'; this color out of your hair if it's lighter than your original hair color. Once you lighten your hair, it's permanent. Only product that's darker than your original color can be removed. Adding brown lowlights and blonde highlights to your strawberry colored hair might look ok, but only if you're not a conservative person and can pull this look off with your current occupation. However, think ahead to what you're going to have to do for touch -ups ( Color regrowth strawberry blonde, plus add 2 colors throughout... it will be a double process each time, which means it's definitely something a stylist should do, and could get pretty pricey.) You say you wanted to be blonde in the first place. Maybe some better options would be to have your stylist color you blonde, or to color you back to your natural color, then add a lot of blonde highlights.


Good luck.I dyed my hair myself last night %26amp; I hate it. How soon can I go to the salon to have a pro put highlights in?
I would go now they will know what to do without damaging your hair
You have two options, First, try mixing a little dish detergent in with your regular shampoo. Wash twice, then follow with deep conditioner. The strong cleaning agent in the detergent may strip out enough color to leave your hair a shade you can tolerate. If that does not suffice, you should go to the salon and have a pro work on your hair, rather than attempting further dye removal on your own. It's tricky (even for trained colorists) and may leave your hair hopelessly damaged if done improperly.





Tip: Many salons have ';training nights'; where color-correcting services are offered at a deep discount.
I would go as soon as possible tell them you thought you could do it but messed up big time they can give you highlights but you might wanna ask if they can jis dye your hair back its natural color then you wont have to worry about highlights and all that stuff too!
You are supposed to wait 6 weeks between colourings, but I'm not sure if that applies to highlighting too... I would call the salon and ask them, the professionals should know.
Nothing wrong with 'doing it yourself', I do it all the time. BUT, you have to do the strand test first, so you know what color you're getting. It's certainly not too soon to call. They may not be able to do it right away, but you can at least ask them what can be done about it.
2-3 weeks at the earliest but I suggest a month. in the meantime just put a rinse in it to mask the hideous color.
I think that if you only put in one color and you don't color it once a month or so then you should be okay going to the salon... they do multiple colors all the time and alot of times it's on top of fresh color. Just call your salon and see what their policy is. No salon should make you wait more than 2 weeks.
Just do it.
You can go whenever you want to. It wont mess anything up and if you hate the color then get it changed back to your regular color.


-The next Michael Jackson
I had this same problem last week. They said that it would be a good idea for you to buy a deep conditioner treatment, or reconstructing ';hair mask'; and put it in your hair for a few minutes - to repair some damage before you get it redyed. I did it. Actually i have bleached my hair twice, dyed it 2 times and highlighted it 2 times in the past 2 weeks. And thanks to the treatments I have put in my hair- my hair is damaged very little.
This is exactly why us hairstylists love home color kits. They very rarely turn out the way they're supposed to.





I don't know what your natural color is or whether you put the color all over, however this is called a color correction so be aware that this may actually cost you more than if you just went in for the highlights.





Call and book an appointment, you must tell the receptionist that you applied the home color kit and that it needs to be corrected so that she can book the appropriate time.





Your stylist will probably have to use bleach to remove the home color and then reapply the new colors.





This process may cause a little damage to your hair but with a deep conditioning treatment and proper maintance at home it will look healthy, beautiful and professionally done.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment