Sunday, December 27, 2009

How can i get more bussiness at my hair salon?

I think the overlooked obvious is honestly this:


People who use salons are vain, (we damn well all ought to be anyway) they want, they need, they have to have their hair done so they look better than Jane doe or Joe six-pack next door. To me I would demand the cleanest shop, the very best looking, well groomed, well dressed technicians who can communicate, talk about books and music and who's in town and concerts and sports with so much pride about who they are and where they are going that I would want it to rub off on me. Success resonates in a store! When I (as a customer) walk in and there is four year old dust or artificial plants, I walk out. If the tile floors are 1950, curtains are faded or torn, I walk out. If the windows are dirty or the sign is broken in front I don't walk in. Pride is relative in everything. If pride isn't in the obvious why should I let you do my hair or my nails? Pride certainly is not going to be in the work you do (on me) either. And another thing, the in the store atmosphere: be it the aroma therapy like the smell of chocolate, caramel or vanilla inside and the music that is classic foot tapping everyone knows all time chart topping hits instead of crap.


You grease the wheels change the curtains fix the problems scaring away customers and the doors will magically open all by themselves.How can i get more bussiness at my hair salon?
hand out flyers/coupons, at malls/colleges,hospitals, places where people have jobs and need to look professional- have a great haircut-cause people will judge your appearance/standards by how you look.


also you can try a web page/blog, and also network-join a Rotary club-members totally throw business at each otherHow can i get more bussiness at my hair salon?
To get more business, you need to hire a consultant. Now before you say, ';I don't have the money to do that';, call a couple of salon consulting firms and ask them for a consultation. They already know your salon is in trouble and they know the best possible ways to increase your business. They work with you all the way to success!
you can use flyers, etc. u could also get one of those yard signs to advertise a special. u could try something like a frequent vistor promo- that after so many hair cuts, they get one free, or a free product. u could do half price days or discount days- like 15% off perms all day wednesday (if u do that, use ur slowest day as a discount day. that way u won't have a whole lot of extra people on days ur already busy).... try different discounts, see which ones people respond more to, then implement it once or twice a month. talk to ur customers, see what kinds of 'treats' they reward/pamper themselves with and incorporate those into ur promos as well. hope this helps and good luck
To increase demand, this can be done in a number of ways, such as advertising through local means e.g. business directories, you could also promote a USP, that separates you from other businesses in the area, you could also reduce your prices and promote this to increase demand!!
Have a holiday special, make flyer's and pass out at schools, businesses or just hand them out around town
Do something funny in your advertisement, like offer a free onion with every haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment