Monday, December 21, 2009

Hair Salon Question. Am I wrong about this?

I had an appointment to get my hair done. Color, cut, style, etc.


When I got to the salon (on time), my stylist was working on 2 other people. I was going to have to wait about 30-40 minutes for her to get done. The salon takes walk-ins as well as appointments. She has had me wait before, but this was the final straw. I am really frustrated. I think the wait time was unreasonable for someone with an appointment. Am I being unrealistic?Hair Salon Question. Am I wrong about this?
NO!!! Appointment means a specified time, not ';When I can get around to it.'; That kind of operation can't lead to anything good, especially if they're not even apologetic. Try to find another salon that respects your time, or even better a friend who does it out of their house!Hair Salon Question. Am I wrong about this?
That pretty much dissolves the point of making an appointment. When you and your stylist decide a time for you to walk into the salon, she should be ready. You are not being unrealistic. If I were you, I'd go to a different hairstylist.
it goes both ways. ive had that experience before. i had to wait an hour with an appointment and it was pissin me off that i had to wait such a long time. so that is not being wrong. on the other hand the hair dresser cant tell exactly what time she would be done on hair so its really on how much time that particular hair stylist has on her hands
I guess the stylist thought you had nothing better to do but to watch her do everyone else's hair but yours. Unless you REALLY REALLY like her, I would have walked out. That was not cool to do that. I say leave, or don't go if you really like her.
yes they shouldn't do that
well not really, that happens a lot, but may-b your hairdresser just has lots of appointments.
Seems bad for sure ,but mine takes the cake.had an appointment,made it a month in advance for a day on my vacation,and she called to cancel a day before because she wanted to take a lunch break that day...weird...(I have not got any lice or dandruff,etc,either...)..to make matters worse..I had a relative in the hospital and really never found another minute to get my hair cut still.. ever since....Bon apetite(sp) cant find it on spell check,must be the french language thingy...
I think to have everything done to your satisfaction it may have seemed like a lifetime but the people that walked in may have required more than just a cut.


If you are not happy, even though it might be hard I might start looking for a new salon or hairdresser.


Have you ever noticed that doctors and appointments are the same way?


Maybe your hairdresser was overbooked that day.


In case my hairdresser is running behind I always bring a book. Good luck if you decide to find a new hairdresser.
You should find another stylist who thinks you time is as important as hers, she wouldn't like it if she was ready for you and you were 30 mins late they may even not let you book another app you should treat them like they treat you
Its understandable if they have to make you wait occasionally, but not every time. Alot of times when the appointments are booked for hair coloring, and then the client comes in and decides they want a full head of foils, it can take longer then originally expected and cause them to go longer then what was booked. There are alot of factors that can be out of the stylists control that can cause her to get behind. But some stylists double book themselves to fit more clients in, and then they can get really behind. If it happens to often its probably better to find a different stylist. But if a stylist has alot of clients, its probably because she is good at doing hair. I go to my stylists house, that way she can take her time with me, and I can pay her outright instead of paying the salon. I found that going to a stylist that rents her chair is better. They don't have a manager forcing them to take walk-ins when they really shouldn't. And they get the entire sale from me instead of what ever corporation they are working for.
Normally I have to wait about 10 - 15minutes. 30 -40 is way too long. They shoudn't let someone walk in if your coming soon. That's crummy. They should like call you or something to let you know they are running late just like you would do if you were running late.

No comments:

Post a Comment